For many years now JADRANKA JOVANOVIĆ has been a synonym for vocal art in Serbia and former Yugoslavia, and according to critic of the "Messaggero Veneto" from Trieste "She has everything that a genuine Primadonna should have".
Born in Belgrade (Serbia), she has acquired two university degrees at the Faculty of Music: the theoretical department and the department of vocal art and MA in solo singing.
She debuted in the role of Rosina in "The Barber of Seville" (Rossini ) at the National Theatre in Belgrade.
Her international career began in Milan's Scala where she sang in the opera "Carmen" and "Andrea Chenier" with the conductors C. Abbado and R. Chailly.
At the Scala she also appeared in the leading role in the world premiere opera "Orpheus", by L. Rossi, the world's first performance of this work.
JADRANKA JOVANOVIĆ has performed at more than 120 world opera and concert stages, from Beijing to Mexico City and from Palm Beach to Siberia. In her long lasting career, she has carried out over 2,200 performances in operas and on concert podiums, and has sung more than 70 roles from operas and vocal-instrumental pieces.
She has been cooperating with the world’s greatest conductors: Claudio Abbado, Riccardo Chailly, Richard Boning, Riccardo Muti, Anton Guadagno, Mauricio Arena, Giuliano Carella, Alexandar Rahbari, Eduardo Mata, Claudio Scimone, Isaac Karabtchevsky, Donato Renzetti, Romano Gandolfi, Jan Latham-Koenig, Marc Soustrot..... as well with partners: Plácido Domingo, José Carreras, Giuseppe Giacomini, Ruggiero Raimondi, Bonaldo Giaiotti, Peter Dvorský, José Cura, Željko Lučić, Paata Burchuladze, Ignacio Encinas, Roberto Frontali, Rockwell Blake, Nicola Martinucci, William Matteuzzi, Mario Frangoulis, Warren Mok, Aleksey Tikhomirov, Giuseppe Giacomini, Dimiter Petkov, Angelo Romero, Robert Hale, Piero Cappuccilli, Alain Fondary, Renato Bruson, Eduard Tumagian, Mirella Freni, Daniela Dessi, Éva Marton, Janice Baird, Cecilia Gasdia, Elizabet Matos, Elena Obraztsova, Agnes Baltsa, Christine Weidinger, Edda Moser, Elisabete Matos, Luciana Serra, Maria Bieșu, Stefka Evstatieva, Elena Souliotis ...
SHE MOSTLY PERFORMED IN THE ITALIAN OPERA HOUSES AND AT THE FESTIVALS
• In Trieste at the Teatro "Giuseppe Verdi" she sang over 40 plays and a star of the festival operetta which is traditionally held in the summer - "Countess Mariza" of E. Kalman and "The Little White Horse" by Benachky, "Harry Janos" Z. Kodály and "Miss Juliette by A. Bibalo, with partner José Cura.
• In Rome ("Teatro Argentino") and in Milan ("Teatro Carcano") with José Carreras sang the title role in Fantasy on "Carmen".
• In Florence ("Teatro Comunale"),"Gambler" (S. Prokofijev) the role of Blanche with Daniela Dessi.
• Parma ("Teatro Reggio"),"Falstaff "(A. Salieri).
• Cagliari ("Teatro Romano") in the summer festival played Prezziozilla the Opera "La Forza del Destino" (G. Verdi).
• Bergamo, in Donizetti's opera festival sang "Deluge" and "Fausta" to the accompaniment of radio symphony orchestra of Milan ("Rai di Milano") with direct radio transmission.
• Palermo ("Teatro Massimo"), she appeared in 12 performances, "Rigoletto".
• In Pesaro, at Rossini Festival sang "Moses in Egypt" conducted by D. Renzzetti and partner Rockwell Blake.
• In Catania ("Teatro Bellini") played the main role in the mezzo-soprano opera "Il capello di paglia di Firenze ", N. Rota (conducted by M. Arena) and the title role in "Countess of Czardas".
• Ferrara ("Teatro Comunale") gala concert with Giuseppe Giacomini, Bonaldo Giaotti and conductor Nina Bonavolonta.
• In Trapani the summer festival takes part in a gala concert of opera arias and duets accompanied by the Festival Orchestra and as conductor A. Guadagno.
• At the festival, "Santa Margherita Ligure" in Genova, singing the title role in the opera "Carmen".
• Messina ("Teatro Vittorio Emanuelle") in the world to mark 250 years since the birth of Mozart (2006)., Had the honor to be involved in the three performances of Mozart's "Requiem".
SHE SANG IN VARIOUS OPERAS IN OTHER COUNTRIES
• Barcelona ("Teatro Liceo") made her debut as Princess de Bouillon at the premiere of "Adriana Lecouvreur" with Placido Domingo and Mirella Freni (five performances).
In the same theater she debut as Sara ("Roberto Devereux") G. Donizetti, with Richard Boning as a conductor.
• Rio de Janeiro ("Teatro Municipal"), Verdi's "Requiem", Rosina in "The Barber of Seville", Composer of "Ariadni of Naxos," and as the crown of the huge success of Carmen with Placido Domingo and Justino Dias.
• Salzburg ("Mozarteum") Mozart Missa in C - Minor, with symphony orchestra and Mozart chorus in celebration of the 200th anniversary of Mozart's death (1991).
• Lisbon ("Teatro San Carlos") sang at the premiere of Elena Boito's opera" Mefistofele "
• The prestigious "Hall Gulbenkian"in Lisbon performs as soloist in Mozart's C Minor Missa with the ensemble "I Solisti Veneti "and the conductor Claudio Schimone.
• Sofia opera - Adalgisa in "Norma" (V. Bellini)
• Prague (hall "Žofín") with the Prague Virtuosi and conductor Alexander Rahbari sing Rossini "Stabat Mater".
• Athens (Irodion) title role in the opera "Carmen".
• San Sebastian - Spain ("Teatro Victoria Eugenia") Mahler's "Songs on the Death of Children" and also in Sabadell - Barcelona (Teatro "La Farandula") with a live broadcast on TV Barcelona.
• Malaga ("Teatro Cervantes") debut in the title role of the opera "Cinderella" (G. Rossini).
• Seville ("Teatro della Maestranza") in Wagner's "Valkyrie".
• In the National Theater in Dublin debut as Eboli in Verdi's "Don Carlo".
• As Eboli she presented in Toulouse ("Theatre Blagnac"), Paris (Theatre du Vesinet), Aix-les-Baine ("Theatre de Casino").
• In the Opera in Palm Beach (USA) she has achieved incredible success singing leading roles in "Cinderella", "Italiana in Algeri" and as Eboli in "Don Carlo". In addition she opened the season’s humanitarian gala concerts in Palm Beach, the foundation of their symphony orchestra in the famous Hall of the "Mar-A-Lago".
• 2003 received critical acclaim for singing on the final night of the festival on Lake Zurich.
• Mexico City ("Teatro de la Ciudad") Rosina in "The Barber of Seville", as well as in Guadalajar ("Teatro de Golado").
• In Monterrey (Mexico) with the Philharmonic Orchestra, sang in a gala concert dedicated to the 200th anniversary of Rossini’s birth (1992).
• Opera in Bordeaux (Festival "Musical May") Falstaff (A. Salieri).
• Opera in Toulon - "Rigoletto" and a gala concert.
• In Figueras (Spain) attended the world premiere of fragments of the opera libretto written by Salvador Dali "Etre Dieux".
• In Chicago, the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Serbian Orthodox Church-a solo recital.
• Played a major role in the opera Carmen for two seasons at the National Theater Bunka Кaikan in Tokyo and in Nagoya.
• She sang Carmen in Sao Paulo ("Teatro Minicipal "), and in Rijeka Theatre "Ivan pl. Zajc ", directed by Jagoš Marković.
• In the Abu Dhabi she will be remembered as the first Carmen in whom the Middle East-Emirattes audience had the opportunity to hear in live performance.
• The Dubrovnik Summer Festival singing Rossini's Stabat Mater.
• At the Nice Opera she played a major mezzo-soprano role in the opera
"Arianna and Barbablu" (P. Duka).
• In the Royal Theatre in Liege (Belgium) sung nine times Madalena in "Rigoletto".
• On the occasion of accession of Bulgaria into the European Union in 2007, performed at the Sofia Philharmonic Hall in a gala concert with tenor Emil Ivanov.
• In the opera in Bucharest, at "George Enescu" she appeared as guest, Abigail in Verdi's "Nabucco" with direct TV broadcasting.
• In the Budapest Opera - Gala Concert.
• In the opera in Odessa (Ukraine) Gala Concert.
• In Austria, the summer festival "Gars am Kamp" sung Amneris at the premiere of "Aida".
• The Split Summer Festival (Peristil) sings Amneris and Abigail
• At the May festival in Skopje opera sung Rosina, Adalgisa, Abigail and Santuzza.
• In Zagreb Opera – Amneris.
• With the Prague Symphony Orchestra in "Bedrich Smetana", sung Christmas concert with tenor Peter Dvorsky and baritone Dalibor Jenis
• In National Theatre in Corfu (Greece), in the visit of the Belgrade Opera she sang the title role in the opera "Cinderella".
• Another major success has made her recital in the famous "Glenn Gould Hall" in Toronto.
• New York, Carnegie Hall, recital "World Pearls of Music".
• Washington, D.C, Kennedy Center (Millennium Stage), recital.
• Belgrade, National Theatre, world premiere of the Serbian opera "The Melancholic Dreams of Count Sava Vladislavić", S. Božić. (Three roles: The Angel of Temptation, Empress, Magna mater).
• Algeria, "Ibn Zaydun" Concert Hall, solo concert
• Constantine (Algeria), Arab World Cultural Center 2015, "Ahmed Bey" Concert Hall, solo concert.
• Algeria, Algerian Opera, "Boualem Bessaih", solo concert with the Opera Orchestra.
• Vienna, Musicverein, Golden Hall, Gala Concert, Irkutsk Philharmonic Orshestra, soloist.
• Trieste, Teatro Rossetti, Grand Gala Operetta, soloist - concert in honor of Jadranka Jovanović on the occasion of the International Operetta Award 2019.
BELGRADE AND SERBIA
• In addition to numerous roles in the Belgrade Opera (Rosina, Adalgisa, Abigail, Giovanna Seymour, Marina, Santuzza, Cenerentola, Princess de Bouillon, Amneris, Eboli, Orlovski, Isabella) Jadranka Jovanovic was honored to sing a jubilee performance of Carmen, commemorating the twentieth anniversary since the last release the eponymous opera
• A special joy to Belgrade she organized by a multimedia spectacle "Diva in the first person" at "Sava Center", with a series of innovations, yet unseen in the field of classical music.
• Jadranka Jovanović did not lead to the usual presentation of an opera concert music, so she remained the author and sole performer of many solo - stage productions, one of which was particularly notable scenic view Gypsy songs classical music, written by the greatest composers, called "Gypsy Romansero."
• On the occasion of the centenary of Verdi's death, she performed a concert entitled "Verdi’s divas", and regarding the two-hundredth anniversary of Pushkin, she presented a series of poems, the greatest Russian composers, in a special performance, where the audience sat on the Grand Stage of the National Theatre. For this show called "Puškinijana" she acquired a special award from the Russian Ministry of Culture and National Theatre medal of the same ministry.
• Her concert of "World Music pearls" left many of the audience who could not fit in Hall Kolarac, was repeated shortly after a few days.
• In addition, she played a major role, opera prima donna in the movie "Signs", recorded by the novel Serbian Nobel laureate Ivo Andric with director Petar Zec, as well as an intriguing role Aneta from a famous TV series "My cousin from Village" by writer R. Pavlovic
• Jadranka Jovanović has enriched the musical repertoire in her country, by which she first carried out a number of previously unknown works and musical rarities, arias from opera, "Armida", "Woman of the Lake," "Cinderella," "Semiramide," "The Siege of Corinth "(F. Rossini); Offenbach "Périchole", Meyerbeer’s "Les Huguenots", the Spanish "Zarzuela" ...
• Participated in numerous radio - television shows (Rai, Rai Tre, TV Sicilia, BBC, Channel 5, TV Catania, TV Cagliari ...) and in special shows dedicated to her work.
• 2021 On the occasion of the Statehood Day of the Republic of Serbia, President of the Republic of Serbia, Aleksandar Vučić, presented Jadranka Jovanovic decoration Order of Karadjordje's Star of the 1st degree, for special merits in representing the Republic of Serbia and achieved results in the field of opera art.
• 2020 The National Theater in Belgrade awarded Jadranka Jovanović the Prize for exceptional importance and overall artistic contribution to the cultural development.
• 2019 Jadranka Jovanović received a special International award for operetta in 2019 in the Rosetti Theater in Trieste, awarded by the International Association of Operetta of the Friuli Venezia Giulia region in Northern Italy.
• 2018 Prima donna Jadranka Jovanović was awarded the national award "Captain Miša Anastasijević".
• 2017 Opera diva Jadranka Jovanović wins the "Braća Karić" Award for exceptional achievements in art.
• In 2016 the book "Recondita armonia" was published by the respected Italian music critic Bruno Baudissone, dedicated to opera artists who have left an indelible mark on Italian opera houses in the last three decades. A significant part of the book honours Jadranka Jovanović.
• 2015 she received the Exceptional Vuk Karadžić Award for 2015 for special contribution to the culture of Serbia.
• 2014 At Placido Domingo’s Gala concert in Belgrade (Belgrade’s Kombank Arena - Štark Arena) in 2014 she was honored, in her hometown, to be a special guest star at his concert.
• 2006. she received the "Golden Beočug" for a lasting contribution to the culture of Belgrade.
• For Santuzza role in the opera "Cavalleria Rusticana" P. Maskagni she received the Annual Award of the Association of Musical Artists of Serbia, the most successful vocalist - performer achieved in year 1994.
• In addition to "a brilliantly polished voice, with phrases interpreted with confusing ease and placed with first-class talent" (Nice Matin - France), critics around the world have always highlighted her "brilliant stage appearance". (Zurich “Linth Zeitung”)
• Since 2016, Jadranka Jovanović has been a Member of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia.
WEB SITE: http://www.jadrankajovanovic.com/
Soloist (MEZZO - SOPRANO)
Status: Principal Singer (resident)
Roles in current Repertoire of the National Theatre:
• Santuzza (Cavalleria rusticana)
• Abigaille (Nabucco)
• Carmen (Carmen)
• Princess of Bouillon (Adriana Lecouvreur)
• Amneris (Aida)
• The Angel of Temptation, Empress, Magna mater (The Melancholic Dreams of Count Sava Vladisavljević)
• Preziosilla (The Force of Destiny)
• Angelina (Cinderella) (Cinderella)