Tenor, a soloist at the National Theatre - Belgrade Opera.
Darko Đorđević made his debut as a soloist with the main role of Nikola Tesla, in John Gibson's opera "Violet Fire", which was, in addition to our stage, also shown at the BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music) festival in New York in 2006.
With his lyrical voice and impressive acting, he achieved notable success in the following operas:
Il Conte d’Almaviva (“Il Barbiere di Seviglia”)
Truffaldino (“L’Amour des Trois Oranges”).
Darko Đorđević left his characteristic mark in the interpretation of the roles of Arturo ("Lucia di Lammermoor"), L'Italien ("Angelique"), Sira ("The Mandrake") in the opera by local composer Ivan Jeftić, as well as Thenardier in the musical "Les Miserables".
His character style and abilities, both vocal and acting, were convincingly confirmed in 2014 with the premiere renewal of the opera "Salome" on the National Theatre stage in Belgrade with the role of Herod ("Herodes" - "Salome").
In addition to the local scene, he has also performed with great success at international festivals:
- International Chamber Music Festival - Bochum 2008.
- In 2016 in Wernigerode he performed as the only participant from this region playing the role of Ottokar - " Der Freischütz".
- In 2011 with the role of Remendado ("Carmen") he participated at the International Opera Festival ("Oper Burg Gars").
- In 2013 in London he had a solo concert titled “Pearl” with the pianist Sanja Stefanović at the first University Women's Club in Great Britain.
- In 2018 commemorating the ending of the World War I he was paid a great honour to be invited to play one of the leading roles at the world premiere of the rock opera "Dolomitenfront".
Also, in 2012 he completed master class in Italy with a worldly renowned tenor Nicola Martinucci.
Darko Đorđević has worked with some world-renowned directors, to mention only a few: Dejan Miladinović, Marco Pucci Catena, John Ramster, Bruno Klimek, Yuri Alexandrov, Slobodan Unkovski, Jiří Menzel, Karel Drgáč…
Đorđević has a degree in music theory and harmony and solo singing.
For the National Theatre Day, on November 22, 2019, he received a Public Commendation for Work Achievement of Special and Exceptional Importance for Successful Performance of the National Theatre in Belgrade for 2018/2019 season.
Link: Darko Đorđević
T: +381 11 288 55 34
M: +381 60 345 00 14
Soloist II (TENOR)
Roles in current Repertoire of the National Theatre:
• Herodes - “Salomé”, R. Strauss
• Tesla - “Violet fire"
• Truffaldino - “The Love For Three Oranges” Sergei Prokofiev
• Il Conte d’Almaviva - „Il Barbiere di Seviglia”, G. Rossini
• Arturo Buklaw, Normanno – “Lucia di Lammermoor”, G. Donizetti
• Arsa (Koštana)
• Steersman (The Flying Dutchman)
• Spoletta (Tosca)
• Peppe (Arlecchino) – “I Pagliacci”, R. Leoncavallo
• Edmondo (Manon Lescaut)
• The Incredible (Andrea Chénier)
• Triquet – “Eugene Onegin”, P.Tchaikovsky
• Abdalo – “Nabucco”, G. Verdi
• Remendado – “Carmen”, G. Bizet
• Goro – “Madama Butterfly”, G. Puccini
• Gaston – “La Traviata”, G. Verdi
• Ruiz – “Il Trovatore”, G. Verdi
• Mastro Trabuco – “La Forza del Destino”, G. Verdi
• Basilio – “Le Nozze di Figaro”, W. A. Mozart
• Lactantius, Constantine’s teacher - "In hoc signo"
• Gerardo – “Gianni Schicchi”, G. Puccini
• Blind – „Die Fledermaus”, J. Strauss
• Jew 1,2,3,4 - “Salomé”, R. Strauss
• Juan (Don Quixote)
• Pang (Turandot)
• Bardolfo (Falstaff)