He was born in Belgrade, where he starts his musical education in Music School “Kosta Manojlovic” in Zemun. Two years later, he wins first place at young opera singers’ competition for the whole ex-Yugoslavia. He continues with advanced vocal trainings in Novi Sad, Zagreb, Rome and Vienna. Tomašev is currently in Vienna training under guidance of Olivera Miljaković, a prima donna in Vienna State Opera.
Beginning of 1986 is the time when his soloist career starts; first in Serbian National Theatre’s Opera in Novi Sad and afterwards in Croatian National Theatre’s Opera in Zagreb.
He has been the soloist of the National Theatre’s Opera in Belgrade since 1989.
Tomašev has been the principal singer in the Opera for 12 years.
Besides his successful engagements in Belgrade, he has been often engaged in different opera productions worldwide. He has sung in more than four hundred productions in Macedonia, Romania, Croatia, Hungary, Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Germany, France, Denmark, Malta, Italy, USA, Japan and Russia.
Status: Principal Singer (resident)
Roles in current Repertoire of the National Theatre:
• Ramfis (Aida)
• Don Basilio (The Barber of Seville)
• Guardiano (The Force of Destiny)
• Sparafucile (Rigoletto)
• Zaccaria (Nabucco)
• The Grand Inquisitor (Don Carlos)
• Prince Gremin (Eugene Onegin)
• Raimondo, a chaplain (Lucia di Lammermoor)
• Attila, King of the Huns (Attila)
• Sava Vladislavić (The Melancholic Dreams of Count Sava Vladisavljević)
• Don Quichotte (Don Quixote)